The Brand of YOU
Each of us is unique and, like it or not, represent a brand - the "Brand of YOU." How you present yourself, how you behave and how you are perceived by your professional peers determines your personal brand and the level of success in your career (and life). After all, if you don’t brand yourself, other people will. And, chances are they won’t brand you in the way you want to be branded.
If you are not conscious of your personal brand and don’t work on it, you may fall short of your career aspirations. This session reviews the disciplines of business branding and applies them to the process of creating, developing, managing and protecting your own personal brand.
- Learn to identify your points of differentiation and how to capitalize on them.
- Learn how to delineate the dos and don’ts of self-promotion.
- Learn how to link your personal story to your professional experience to create your own value proposition.
Set Yourself Free: Daydream It... Believe It... Achieve It!
The past few years have been a true test for everyone as we transitioned from the "Great Recession" to a semblance of normalcy. But in the wake of that difficult period, some people saw their jobs eliminated or downsized, while others were given more responsibility with the same (or decreased) compensation.
With that experience as a backdrop, it's a good time to step back, re-evaluate our careers and life path, and consider a potential change in direction and attitude.
In this entertaining, interactive and informative session, Michael guides the audience through a discussion asking them to reflect honestly on their life/career goals and assess where they stand as they contemplate their future. Drawing from content contained in his book of the same name, participants will walk away with tangible and manageable tips that will help them to stay focused on their life/career goals.
- Learn how to assess your progress towards meeting your life/career goals.
- Learn the tactics of how to stay on track on a daily basis.
- Learn how to overcome your internal censor's negative messages that might hold you back.
Participants will learn useful tips they can use themselves, or to help prepare colleagues who must do on-camera interviews or videos.
- Learn how to relax and be more comfortable in front of a camera.
- Learn how to avoid the "uhms", "ahs" and "you knows" when speaking on camera.
- Learn how to come across as more confident, articulate and knowledgeable.
Participants will also learn how to prepare their CEOs, session presenters, and others for on-camera appearances, press conferences, live sessions and Webinars.
"Good Boss/Bad Boss" - how to become a better leader by studying the traits and characteristics of both good and bad supervisors.